MOT 4x40k – Relay
175 kilometers in 4 days
2,600m a.s.l. maximum altitude
9.258m cumulative elevation gain
Valle Maira is one of the most beautiful valleys in the western Alpine arc, internationally famous for its beauty, hospitality, sustainable tourist offers and the possibility of outdoor activities in all seasons of the year.
The MOT 4x40K is the true Valle Maira Occitan Trail. It is the queen race of all MOT events which takes place in 4 stages of about 45 km each and runs the entire circumnavigation of the valley along the famous paths of Occitan Routes.
The MOT 4x40k RELAY is a different way to experience a race with different times like the MOT.
A team of 4 athletes, one for each stage.
You don't feel like it or you can't commit four days? Find 3 friends and experience the thrill of feeling part of a great event. The teams can be male, female or mixed.
The stages are the same as for MOT 4x40K:
Fidal Piedmont Approval: n. 68/trail/2023
THE STAGES IN DETAIL
Stage 1, Villar San Costanzo-Stroppo
- Starting point: Ciciu del Villar Nature Reserve entrance (600m)
- Length 44.09km
- Positive altitude difference 2,586m
- Arrival point at Paschero di Stroppo (1.090m)
Stage 2, Stroppo-Chiappera
- Starting point: Borgata Paschero di Stroppo (1.090m)
- Length 48.10km
- Positive altitude difference 2,936m
- Arrival point in the hamlet of Chiappera di Acceglio (1.623m)
Stage 3, Chiappera-Marmora
- Starting point: Chiappera di Acceglio village (1.623m)
- Length 37.84km
- Positive difference in altitude 2,110m
- Arrival point at the Multipurpose Center, Marmora-Canosio junction (1.200m)
Stage 4, Marmora-Dronero
- Starting point: Multipurpose Center, at the Marmora-Canosio junction (1.200m)
- Length 51.25km
- Positive difference in height 2.060mt
- Arrival point in Dronero at the Devil's Bridge (600m)
The first stage starts at the Ciciu geological park in Villar San Costanzo and going up the left orographic side of the valley ends in Stroppo, crossing the entire pre-Alpine belt to arrive in a typical mountain context of the Cottian Alps.
The second stage is high in the mountains. From Stroppo proceed north-west to the enchanting town of Elva and then touch the slopes of Monte Chersogno with passages up to 2600 meters and end in the characteristic village of Chiappera dominated by the unmistakable Rocca Castello-Provenzale.
With the third stage we move to the orographic right side. From Chiappera, after passing two hills, you cross the entire Gardetta plateau dominated by the splendid Rocca la Meja, one of the symbolic mountains of the Maira Valley. The stage ends in Marmora, famous for its hospitality.
The fourth and last stage marks the return to the plain. From Marmora along the Napoleonic path you reach the characteristic villages of Macra and Celle and then, with a long descent, end the journey in Dronero, the capital of the Maira Valley.
View the regulation and then run to sign up!!!
Race registration fees:
● 250,00€ total from 1/03/2023 to al 31/05/2023
● 280,00€ total from 1/06/2023 to al 31/08/2023
● 340,00€ total from 1/09/2023 to al 30/09/2023
Remember to register all with the same team name.
At the time of registration the fee will be divided in this way; for teams of four components:
● 62,50€ per person from 1/02/2023 to 31/05/2023
● 70,00€ per person from 1/06/2023 to 31/08/2023
● 85,00€ per person from 1/09/2023 to 30/09/2023
Certification and score ITRA in the acquisition phase. Updates will follow.
To facilitate the runners and their companions in the logistical organization for participation in the event, we have created dedicated tourist packages, which will include: bib, stay in half board accommodation for three nights near the starting points, luggage transport from starting point to arrival point and shuttle transport to and from the starting points and arrival of the individual stages of the trail (so the accommodation will be changed every day).
For those who buy the package the price of the bib is 250 € total for the team, regardless of the date of registration.
For all the details of the travel program and to reserve your place in Valle Maira you can write to us at:
For those who do not want to join the package but only need transport from the point of arrival to the point of departure of the individual stages is available a shuttle service that is included in the purchase of the bib. Luggage transport will also be included from starting point to arrival point.
It will make the following routes:
Stroppo > Dronero on the evening
Chiappera > Stroppo on the evening
Marmora > Chiappera on the evening
Dronero > Marmora on the evening
MOT 4x40k – Relay
- From Thursday 5 to Sunday 8 October 2023
- Ciciu del Villar Nature Reserve - Villar San Costanzo
- Length: 175 Km
- Elevation gain: 9.258 m
- Subscribe now
- Give MOT 4x40k - Relay
Sign up for the race
Running in our mountains will be a different experience, you can listen to your breath in the silence of the valley discovering a territory that has a lot to tell.Subscribe now Give MOT 4x40k - Relay